While in the Fajardo/Luquillo area, don’t miss an opportunity to enjoy some great local eateries. Our recommendations:
- La Ola. In Fajardo, and looking for something close? La Ola is a tapas bar right across the street. The only place that’s an easy walk, but only open Thurs. – Sun.
- Pasion del Fogon. This is one of the best restaurants on the island. Make reservations.
- Ole Le Lo Lai. Another tapas place. Ask for a table on the balcony and try the sangria. Good paella.
- La Estacion. This is probably the second best meal after Fogon. Need reservations. Cash only.
- Delicious Restaurant and Drum Bar. Any place with this name has to be at least OK. It is. Good alternative if La Estacion is full. Cash only.
- Metropol. This place is more what we’re used to in terms of a “place” (which means you sit indoors). It’s a chain, but the food is very good. Cuban food.
- The Brass Cactus . Think: Chili’s Grill & Bar. You can walk there from the Luquillo condos. If you’re driving, it is close to 193 where you turn off of HWY PR-3 to go into the neighborhood.
- Boardriders Surf Bar. Located right off the Luquillo Plaza at La Pared. Serving lunch and dinner 7 days a week plus brunch on Saturday and Sunday! Live music on the weekends.
- Yuni’s Pinchos. A local favorite, it’s an open air pincho grill. Usually open on the weekends, and sometimes more often. If you’re here, it’s because its good, and someone has let you in on the secret. Located a little ways off HWY 3, take the first exit to Luquillo/Sabana and follow the road up the hill, and on the left.
- El Flamboyan. A local, open-air restaurant/bar. They have pool tables. You can get breakfast here or lunch sandwiches Every Sunday night at 7-8 p.m. local musicians show up for a free jam session. It’s fun to go down and have a drink and enjoy the free show.
- El Jefe Burger Shack (kiosk #12). Located at the Kioskos (kiosks) on HWY PR-3 , they have good burgers in a fun setting. The owner, Tim, is fun. Get a Ginger Mojito, best mojito on the island. They won an award for it.
- La Parilla (kiosk #2). Located at the Kioskos on HWY PR-3 , this is a nice restaurant. Try their Pineapple Curry it’s out of this world. Great pina coladas.
- Congas (kiosk #9). Located at the Kioskos on HWY PR-3 is another nice place for Puerto Rican food.
- Aromas. A little bakery located on the the town square for breakfast and lunch.